This session sets the scene for the later sessions, by providing an introduction to the principles of equality and diversity. We will refer to the new Discrimination Ordinance in this session, but only briefly. The detail of the new Discrimination Ordinance is covered in sessions 2-5
- A brief overview of Human Rights
- An introduction to the Prevention of Discrimination Ordinance (explored in detail is session 2)
- The general principles and benefits of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- Exploring Unconscious bias
- How to foster inclusion and respect
All Foundation courses have now taken place for the time being. If demand is high for repeat courses, these will be arranged and advertised in due course. A recording of the online session 1 is available below - this recording was made on 15 November 2022.