In this section
What training is available?
The face to face training will be held at the Princess Royal Centre for Performing Arts which seats up to 250 participants at one time. The Princess Royal Centre is fully accessible and has plenty of parking. We will host one Webinar - both live and recorded formats for each training element with up to 500 participants.
Each of the training sessions will be 90 minutes in length and will be a mixture of presentations, examples of other employers and service providers actions taken to meet the requirements of both their staff or people who use their service. There will be an opportunity for questions.
We are able to offer a digital copy of notes for each training session and by special request we are able to provide a limited number of printed materials. If you require handouts in alternative formats - just let us know at the time of booking.
There are five different training sessions in the series;
- Foundation course - available here. Important - please ensure that you have watched this training video prior to attending courses 2 - 5 in September, thank you. This will provide you with a basic understanding of the topic.
- Introduction to the new Discrimination Ordinance
- Employers’ responsibilities
- Service providers’ responsibilities
- Accessibility and reasonable adjustments
The training by the Consortium will be delivered in the Princess Royal Centre for Performing Arts.