This session gives an overview of employer’s responsibilities in meeting the requirements of the new legislation. This session includes some case studies and lived experiences which provide real life examples of steps which can be taken.
This session will cover the following aspects:
- Recap of key concepts
- Definitions of employer and employee
- Overview of who else the law protects and applies to in a work context
- Obligations unique to employers, including equal pay and equal treatment
- Liability of employers for acts of others
- Avoiding discrimination in recruitment, including when advertising, interviewing and making offers of employment
- Discrimination issues that may arise during employment, upon termination and post termination, in particular when applying internal company processes
- What employers can do to prepare
All Employers' Responsibilities courses have now taken place for the time being. If demand is high for repeat courses, these will be arranged and advertised in due course.
Employers' Responsibilities - Extra Resources
Consortium S3 V1 - Employers’ Responsibilities - Barrier Free Recruitment - https://bit.ly/ConsortiumS3-V1
Consortium S3 V2 - Employers’ Responsibilities - Supporting Existing Employees - https://bit.ly/ConsortiumS3-V2